CWS Employment Opportunities
Position Title: Adjudications Processing Supervisor, Nairobi, Kenya
International Grade: 5
|Send Applications* to:
||The Human Resources Manager
P. O. Box 14176
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and a resume. On the subject line, please indicate the position title followed by your surname. This position will remain open until filled.
*Enter the title of the position applied for at the top of the resume or in the body of your cover letter.
Church World Service does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or veteran status in employment or the provision of services.
The Resettlement Support Center (RSC) Africa operates a US refugee resettlement program in sub-Saharan Africa through a Cooperative Agreement with the Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration. RSC Africa is responsible for the preparation of refugee case files for adjudication by Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) officers, as well as the out-processing and cultural orientation of all approved cases. RSC Africa is administered by the Church World Service International Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) and is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
This position is responsible for ensuring that processing completed by the staff in the field or in the office is done in an efficient and effective manner while adhering to current RSC Africa standard operating procedures, as well as PRM and USCIS guidelines.
This position will oversee CIS Administrative days in Nairobi, as well as communicate with CIS on specific cases.
This position directly supervises a Senior Field Team Leader-Adjudications, Field Team Leaders-Adjudications, Senior Casework Assistants –Adjudications and Senior Caseworkers-Adjudications.
This position reports to the Adjudications Manager.
- Ensure all refugee case processing functions performed by Senior CWs, Senior CAs, FTLs and Senior FTLs adhere to USRAP, USCIS, RPC, and RSC standards and guidelines to ensure the integrity of RSC case processing and strict adherence to the DOS/BPRM Guidelines for the Treatment of Refugee Records
- Oversee the identification of eligible cases for USCIS scheduling and preparation
- Plan for USCIS Admin work including liaising with USCIS on the number and needs of officers for hold lifting and case reviews by USCIS officers
- Oversee USCIS Admin days, including tracking of work pending, preparation of statistics on types of admin review needed, coordination with officer at RSC Africa to ensure work is completed and questions answered, allocation of staff to complete necessary updates
- Together with Adjudications Manager, follow-up on pending concurrences for solo CIS rides
- Develop, update and implement comprehensive standard operating procedures (SOPs) for Adjudications staff and work with other Field Team supervisors to ensure that the Field Team SOPs are coherent and comprehensive
- Provide leadership guidance for Adjudications staff and assist in the development of FTLs’ management skills
- Guide and support Adjudications staff regarding how to effectively work with implementing partners in the field, as well as fully prepare for each circuit ride
- Liaise closely with other departments at the RSC, including Pre-Screening, In and Out Processing, Correspondence, Data Integrity, Security and Human Resources, to ensure consistency in processing and staffing
- Monitor staff time and attendance and performance
- Other duties as assigned by RSC Management
- Open to international applicants
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a related field
- Thorough knowledge of the US Refugee Admissions Program and WRAPS database
- Preference given to applicants with overseas processing or US refugee resettlement experience
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Strong computer skills, in particular Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Access
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work as part of team in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to supervise field staff to ensure policies and procedures are implemented and executed in accordance with guidelines and standard operating procedures
- Ability to exercise good judgement and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems in the field
- Ability to travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and often under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program
- Ability to conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times to represent the professional and institutional interests of Church World Service/Resettlement Support Center Africa
- Ability to contribute to a team effort to implement the US Refugee Admissions Program in Sub-Saharan Africa
Back to employment listings | Back to top