Responding to emergencies
Church World Service helps the faith community play its special role in disaster mitigation, preparedness, and response in the U.S. and around the world – which is to:
- Stand on the side of the oppressed through advocacy with and for those most in need.
- Seek out unmet needs of all survivors -- particularly people who were vulnerable and marginalized before the disaster.
- Provide a larger vision of life that includes emotional and spiritual care as well as physical rebuilding.
- Assist in long-term recovery of those in need.
- Restore and build community relationships.
Trainings for disaster recovery
CWS offers webinars and on-site training for individuals involved in long-term disaster recovery. Visit cwserp.org for info and registration.
Read more about CWS international and domestic disaster response programs.
Church World Service is a member of the ACT Alliance.