Reflection: Decisions, Decisions, Decisions
- How did you feel as you made your choices? What were your hardest choices?
- What additional choices would you wish for the people in those situations?
- What are some of the causes of hunger and poverty in the story?
- How would you compare the "hungry decisions" made in this simulation with those faced by people in your own community?
- Try the simulation again making different choices. Notice how the consequences change.
Church World Service (CWS) works in over 80 countries to improve the choices for hungry and impoverished people through relief, development and refugee assistance.
The CWS Blankets+ Program provides tools, training and technical assistance enabling people in developing nations to improve their lives. As Hungry Decisions demonstrates the most basic things - education, safe water, fertilizer - can mean the difference between life and death.
What might you do to create more choices, and better opportunities, for hungry people? What might we do together to build a hope-filled tomorrow?